Online Video Advertising for Business
Online video advertising.
When it comes to online video advertising the first thing that comes to mind is Youtube and that would be the place to start as Youtube being the number one online video platform in the world with the biggest audience and is also part of the Google display network. Youtube is also the second largest search engine in the world. In research conducted by Youtube and Ipsos it was shown that advertising on Youtube v television the audience recall rate is about the same. A 30 second ad on Youtube and television the recall rate is 1.5 more that television alone and a 15 second ad is 2 times that of television alone.
800 million people visit Youtube worldwide every month so choosing Youtube for video advertising is a good start as the offer four different options for advertising.
- Trueview InSearch; this option allows users to subscribe to you channel and watch other videos on your page at no cost to the advertiser. You can also have a call to action overlay to direct traffic off Youtube to your website or social media platform.
- Trueview InDisplay; in this option you ad will show up alongside suggested videos on Youtube or websites on the Google display network. This option also works like In Search with viewers brought to your channel to view videos.
- Trueview InStream; this type of ad is played before a video and after five seconds gives the option of skipping the ad .If the ad is skipped you are not charged.
- Trueview InSlate; this ad appears before a video that is ten minutes or longer. Viewers can than choose to watch three ads before the video without any further breaks or watch the video with commercial style breaks.
Bring Your Business to Life on YouTube
Whatever form they take, online video ads are confusing for consumers. Can an ad be skipped, and what happens when you click on a banner or link—those are just some of the questions that leave Internet users scratching their heads.
Here is some rather interesting statistics that you need to be aware of for 2013.
- Video was the fastest growing form of ad format in 2012.
- According to ComScore, 45.4 percent of users viewed at least one video online over the course of a month.
- Each day 100 million internet users watch an online
- 90% of user say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process.
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week
- 72 Hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute, according to YouTube
- According to an Australian Retailer, real estate listings that include a video receive 403% more inquiries than those without
- YouTube user’s watch more than 3 billion hours of video per month, according to YouTube
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text
- 76% of marketers plan to increase their use of YouTube and video marketing according to Social Media Examiner
10-15% of current online video ads are interactive the other 85% are simply repurposed television ads according to Tim Avila vice president of product marketing for video ad platform Brightroll Inc. The repurposed television ads are not reaching their full potential as consumers have seen this all before and are not interested. Recently the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) have released a series of standardised interactive online ad format guidelines http://www.iab.net/Dv_guidelines to encourage online interactive ad formats to be the dominate force in online video advertising.
These types of ads permit a range of interactions such as signing up to an email marketing campaign, clicking to get more information on a product or service, or taking you to the advertiser’s website, social media site or a specific landing page on the website. One of the biggest success story with this type of advertising would be Tipp-ex “A hunter shoots a bear” campaign having,
- 1 million views on Youtube
- 100,000+ shares on Facebook
- Up to 1 tweet per second
All in the first 36 hours of the campaign leading to,
- 46+ million views on Youtube
- 220,000 tweets
- 1+ million shares on Facebook.
- 3.2 million Euro in earned media
- Sales in Europe up 35% in 2011 from 2010